incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Speaking of JIRA, Where's Ours?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 04:10:32 GMT
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 23:58, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> Well, JIRA identifies project leads, one per project.  What can I say.

Hunh. I had no idea.

(yes, I try to avoid JIRA, and most issue trackers, actually)

> I notice that JIRA automatically offers to find issues by bugzilla numbers.  I don't
know how that works when more than one bugzilla base is imported.

> I was jumping the gun.  I'll just have to keep scraps of paper in my pockets until we
figure it out.

>  - Dennis
>
> (who has been watching through all of the old BBC "About Frost" episodes, hence the scraps
of papers -- I don't dare do that).

> Wow, this is so much like taking a job in an established company and having to figure
out who knows who, who to go to for answers, where the office supplies are, what's taboo,
and what all the private language is.  I thought I was done with that, but it is fascinating
to see how it works in the unique setting that is the world of Apache Software Foundation.

Keep the questions flowing! There are lots of things going on, and it
is easy to miss something.

Cheers,
-g