incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kazunari Hirano <khir...@gmail.com>
Subject Can we rationalize and formalize "a language project"?
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 11:06:59 GMT
Congratulations for OpenOffice.org incubator project!

My first post to ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org starts with some questions.

First question, "Can we as an incubator project realease Apache
OpenOffice.org X.X or OpenOffice.org 3.4 or whatever?  Or are we going
to release it soon?"

I think "release soon" is one of the most important short term goals.

I, as marketing project coordinator for OpenOffice.org Japanese
Language Project, have accountability because, as I told when I
introduced myself to the general@incubator.apache.org,

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201106.mbox/%3CBANLkTimvppnh=F1jwpHTzrW7p5LSbVbTAQ@mail.gmail.com%3E

we have 4 projects such as marketing, quality assurance, translation
and documentation projects, and these 4 projects have cooperated and
worked so hard together to release stable quality OpenOffice.org
Japanese and to promote OpenOffice.org in a number of ways that we
have increased our user base.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/JA/Marketing/OpenOffice.org_Deployments

First I will have to explain "what happened to OpenOffice.org" to
members of OpenOffice.org Japanese Project and many OpenOffice.org
users in Japan.

I am planning to post Japanese translation of the text of
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal to
announce@ja.openoffice.org.

I have translated it up to the secretive NKRS computer system part now.
:)
http://openoffice.org/projects/ja/lists/marketing/archive/2011-06/message/22

Then the most important thing I have to tell them is "When new and
stable OpenOffice.org Japanese will be released" or "It will not be
released soon."  If it is not be released soon, I have to tell them
reasons why it will not be released soon.

To tell them the proposal and the reasons in Japanese I would like to
have a Japanese page on http://wiki.apache.org/.

Second question, "Is there any rule, like wiki page naming, to put a
non-English page on the Wiki?

I would like to create a Japanese wiki page and to do the other works
like translation, localization, marketing and more as a team, which
maybe we can call "a language project."

Third question, "Can we rationalize and formalize a language project?"
If we can, then can we, OpenOffice.org incubator project, make a
procedure to apply and accept a language project?

Thanks,
khirano