incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Teams and Leads (was: Proposed short term goals)
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:52:00 GMT
On 16 June 2011 10:44, RA Stehmann <anwalt@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de> wrote:

> IMO the things aren't very different, even you talk about "meritocracy"
> and I about "democratic culture" (that is more than "one man, one
> vote"). In their teams or communities leads have the same vote like
> every other member.
>
> Also in the OpenOffice.org project people try to do their best to find a
> consensus based on the respect to each other. There wasn't any
> "benevolent dictator".

I guess the community manager Louis was the nearest thing to this. Question
is whether the same structure is maintained or whether it needs to start
afresh? How will that decision be made?

In a bigger community you need some structure to work efficiently (see
> for an example the Debian project). OpenOffice.org has tried to find
> such a structure. Nothing is carved in stone. But something is worth to
> keep.

The faster a structure is in place the quicker it will be to get going. OTOH
the structure will have to have consensus to be accepted and it will have to
have the possibility for change in the future.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.