incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: User facing web items
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:35:29 GMT
On 18 June 2011 19:14, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ah, we don't need a license on forum content in order
> to host the forums at Apache.  People who post to the forums
> are implicitly granting the right of publication thru
> the website, similar to people who post to the mailing
> lists grant the right to republication in web archives.
> It's part of the nature of the service, and doesn't need
> to be spelled out in an agreement.

Isn't that dependent on the terms of use of the specific site.

Even if this is not the case I'm a little confused by this assertion.
We don't allow projects to use, for example, an open wiki to produce
an apache.org hosted website. They contributors to the site content
must have signed a CLA. Am I reading too much into that rule and thus
your statement below is actually the important factor?

--
Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com>
Programme Leader (Open Development)