incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subversion history
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 11:51:39 GMT
On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

<snip>

> When Oracle will shutdown the main server for distributing release files,
> then also the mirrors will delete them (except GWDG which I've asked to host
> the files longer).
>
> So, we have to rebuild a little mirror system if we want this structure
> back. But maybe it's enough to have all older builds on a single
> (non-Apache) server?

IMO continuity of hosting and comprehensive archival (for the record)
are important but orthogonal.

Going back to the start of this thread, archive.org has long term
archival expertise. I don't see any need for formality or ceremony
before initial contact. IMHO it'd be cool if a volunteer at least let
them know what was happening and discovered whether they might be able
to help with long term archival. (This contribution would not require
commit karma ;-)

Robert