incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributors versus Committers versus PMC members - AND USERS
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2011 18:04:37 GMT
What I like most about mailing lists is the ability to tightly focus the
topics. What I like about forums is the large number of categorizations
possible. My main platform allows threading of headers in email, but it
fails when threads are forked or subject/title is changed.
I am strongly in favour of putting general and support lists on forum
mostly, and lower-volume action-based stuff mostly in mailing lists.
It has not been mentioned, or I missed the comment,  but I am not a fan of
irc as an interface.
Just my 2 cents. I guess forums with an autosubscribe feature for questions
a user has originated or replied to works great for most things.