incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: HowTo for editing the website
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 18:46:27 GMT
I sidenav.mdtext we specify links like this:

- [Get Involved](get-involved.html)
- [Mailing Lists](mailing-lists.html)
- [People](people.html)

We could make those be absolute URL's like:

- [Get Involved](http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/get-involved.html)
- [People](http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/people.html)

But that then makes the entire site rather fragile.

Is there any better way to do this?  The fact that we have mdtest
linking to HTML rather than mdtext also seems like implementation
details are creeping into the markup.  What if one day we want to
generate ODF or PDF directly from the markdown?

-Rob