incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Lohmaier <cl...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Bugzilla or JIRA? (was: Speaking of JIRA, Where's Ours?)
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:58:45 GMT
Hi Heiner, *,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Jens-Heiner Rechtien <jhrechtien@web.de> wrote:
> On 06/17/2011 04:42 PM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Jens-Heiner Rechtien<jhrechtien@web.de>
>>  wrote:
>> [...]
>>> I'm pretty
>>> sure they would have fixed this later.
>>
>> Later? I doubt it.
>
> Why?

"later" is the answer for everything that is not going to happen.
"Later" was also the answer to the mailing-list archive URLs.
Same as "requirements" for Issues.

But in the current case: There was absolutely no interest in the
problem itself.

Anything that was related to infrastructure came to a halt and then
continues up till today to a almost non-bearable extent. Starting with
buildbots and buildmaster (both the software as well as the Mac
-hardware that was donated to the project and hosted at the former
Sun-Office in HH), continuing with the comparably tiny bugzilla issue,
did continue with the basically non-availablility of the
extensions-website, the unavailability of pootle and also includes the
always-has-been-a-topic of preserving mailinglist-URLs/having a way to
map old URLs to the new infrastructure.
So sorry if I don't really have trust in "later" arguments when it
comes to infrastructure that is in Oracle's governance/responsibility.
You have to beg for even getting an answer (and while the answer then
was "person who dealt with that stuff moved on/now has other tasks, so
no fix in sight" this is better than no reply at all.
And yes, now this is moot, however especially for the extensions and
pootle servers, "you" need to be a solution soon.

And yes, you are right, of course I did knew about TDF at that time,
mixed things up here.

And yes, I'm aware that the extensions site is hosted by OSUOSL, so I
cannot really blame "Oracle" but I also know that this is not a
for-free hosting, but that OSUOSL did receive compensation for running
the services (as I happened to be involved in approving this expense
in December 2009/January 2010 - and even if it was a one-time payment
of 5000 € only). But after all this doesn't matter, as all those who
have the corresponding contacts/those who could do something about it
happen to be Oracle employees, so the circle closes.

ciao
Christian