incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Lohmaier <>
Subject Re: Bugzilla or JIRA? (was: Speaking of JIRA, Where's Ours?)
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 14:42:19 GMT
Hi Heiner, *,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Jens-Heiner Rechtien <> wrote:
> On 06/17/2011 03:57 PM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Daniel Shahaf<>
>>  wrote:
>>> Christian Lohmaier wrote on Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 13:43:04 +0200:
>>> I'd be interested to know if bugzilla/* have comparable features...
>> It has, and that it doesn't work on is due to the lack
>> of interest of the kenai/OOo admins to fix the setup, not because
>> bugzilla wasn't capable of it.
>> Bugzilla itsellf supports xmlrpc, and that support is not going to vanish.
>> I reported the broken xml-rpc interface when OOo did migrate from CEE
>> (CollabNet Enterpriese Edition, formerly known as SourceCast) to
>> Kenai, but there apparenlty was no interest in fixing it.
> It's a completely moot point now, but give them the benefit of doubt. They
> were stressed enough to get the migration running at that time,

Migration at that time was already done - the site was live.

> I'm pretty
> sure they would have fixed this later.

Later? I doubt it.

> And I guess you'll understand that
> making it even easier for the TDF to leach bug reports from OOo wasn't at
> the very top of their priorities given that there was plenty enough

And what is that? At that time, I didn't knew about TDF at all. And
Oracle did not either, so this "argument" is not wrong, and not only
silly - it speaks for itself :-(

But I have been running & maintaining IZBot for years.
And it never was used to "leach bug reports".

Because of the lack of xml-rpc and lack of interest on CollabNet's
side at the time to prevent the xml-export of issues from bringing
down the site due to its lousy performance (creating a xml-export of a
bug with many comments easily takes longer than 30 seconds), I got a
"secret" URL for use with IZBot for this use while  regular xml-export
was disabled.
IZBot has been in use for day-to-day chatting and on special bug-days.

> important stuff that needed be fixed. But as I said, all this is completely
> moot now.

No, what you just did is just sad.

View raw message