incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Invitation to speak at TransferSummit
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:43:22 GMT
On 29 June 2011 21:20, Rob Weir <apache@robweir.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Ross Gardler
> <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
>> This sounds great Donald. No worries about being new to the ASF, I'm
>> really wanting someone with some history with OOo that can talk about
>> why you (not your employer) felt that Apache was chosen as the final
>> home.
>>
>> I am also asking someone from LO. I trust that both parties will be
>
> Asking them what?  Presumably they would not be presenting "a
> justification for the move to the ASF".

:-) an obvious quesiton, but certainly one that needs asking.

I'm asking them to talk about Libre Office and TDF - i.e. how does it
work. I'm working with them to ensure that the session is *not* about
their opinions of OOo or the Apache.

I will be working with both speakers (assuming someone suitable from
LO/TDF is wiling to speak) to make sure that the presentation is
appropriate.

Ross