incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: External dependencies (was Re: [discuss] remove of binfilter module)
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:45:18 GMT
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 11:39 PM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:09, Pedro Giffuni <giffunip@tutopia.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:59:12 +0200, Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net>
>>> Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding was that nowhere in the
>>> code repository we can have code that links against LGPL code. And of
>>> course extensions are part of our code base also.
>
> The repository can contain code that is licensed with a permissive
> license (ALv2, MIT, BSD). Of course, we try to have only "our" code,
> but over in httpd is a copy of PCRE, and APR has a copy of Expat.
> Stuff that is not "our" code must be listed in the NOTICE file.
>
> We cannot have any code in the repository that has a reciprocal license.

Could you clarify one thing for me, please?

I thought we could take the Oracle code as-is, and check it in, verify
that it is complete and builds, but that we would then be required to
resolve the license issues before could have a release or graduate.
Is that incorrect?  Are we required to resolve these issues before we
even accept the SGA'ed code?  It makes it difficult to collaborate on
resolving these issues if we cannot get the initial code into SVN.

-Rob