incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: External dependencies (was Re: [discuss] remove of binfilter module)
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 02:36:47 GMT
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 21:50, Pedro Giffuni <giffunip@tutopia.com> wrote:
> But some of that stuff is actually bloatware. I think libwpd, libwps
> and libwpg are basically in the same boat as binfilter: the
> functionality shall me made optional as external modules in the

By moving these importers over to *optional* extensions, then we can
do several things:

1) simplify the initial build and dependencies, moving us towards a
buildable and useful package

2) add the functionality back in over time as developers' interest focuses on it

3) retaining the optional status allows linking to LGPL and similar
weak-copyleft libraries

This goes back to a question that I had before: can file importers fit
into OOo's extension system?

Cheers,
-g