incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: User facing web items
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:53:39 GMT
On 18 June 2011 19:31, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2011, at 11:03 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Sent from my mobile device (so please excuse typos)
>>
>> On 18 Jun 2011, at 18:34, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Ross,
>>>
>>> Drew had a long description. If that gives you any clarity.
>>
>> It does now I've read it more carefully, thanks (and to Drew)

>>> This is apparently the license: http://openoffice.org/terms_of_use
>>
>> I think this ought to be discussed on legal-discuss, specifically 3a which indicates
"some materials" may be under terms different to these, and 4c which gives a right to sublicence
but not a copyright grant, thus we can't relicence. 4e indicates that some "projects" might
be under different terms requiring a CLA.

>> As ever (for me) reading the T&Cs give me more questions than answers.
>
> Me too! So, who should take it to legal-discuss? Sam? Someone from the PPMC?

Someone from the PPMC (but before someone does that see my later reply
to Joe in this thread).

For information Sam is VP Legal but he does not where that hat on this
list. If you want him to speak as VP Legal we need to engage him where
he has the backing of the legal committee (which includes real
lawyers).

Ross