incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subversion history (was: Wiki, SVN, other resources)
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 19:39:13 GMT
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 07:18, Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net> wrote:
> I now have a list of files that IMHO can't be part of the software grant. A
> list with all other files is worked on by Oracle.

Umm. I don't think Oracle is working on any additional lists. We have
to come up with the list of files that we want Oracle to grant us.

> First there are (L)GPL files; I already mentioned the stuff needed for
> "configure" elsewhere, I'm sure we can solve that. Another part of OOo's
> code is "libegg", but AFAIK we don't need that at all and we can safely
> ignore it.

If Oracle owns these, and if we need or want them, then we need to put
these into a request.

If the files have LGPL on them... that is fine for now. We can load
them into Subversion. Get the product building. Then we can eliminate
them from Subversion before producing a release.

> There are some more files that are not owned by Oraclem, but have a clear
> license:

We cannot get a Software Grant from Oracle for these. Instead, we will
grab the source code and import them into a "third party" area of our
source control (or possibly wherever they would best live; I tend to
like grouping third party code). As Sam mentioned later, if some of
this code ends up as "not allowed" in our repository, then we can rip
it out. Being in the Incubator gives us a bit more flexibility in what
can live within the repository.

>... [list of licenses] ...

Great!

Sam produced a list of all the files we have a grant to. We know we
need more than those. Mathias: do you need any assistance is producing
those lists? I'm assuming not; seems you're on top of it. When do you
think that you'll have a list we can take to Oracle? Monday or so?
Longer?

Cheers,
-g