incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: "Some of our contributors" page
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 16:16:57 GMT
On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@openoffice.org>wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:

>> contributors
>> committers.

>> web
>> on,

>> requirement
>> the

>> > Most projects (all?) have a roster of the PMC and committers.
>> >
>> > http://tomcat.apache.org/whoweare.html
>> > http://poi.apache.org/who.html
>> > http://pdfbox.apache.org/team-list.html
>> > http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/team.html
>> > http://httpd.apache.org/contributors/
>> >
>> > The HTTPD Server project has Major Contributors as well with a big thank
>> you to Rob McCool.
>> >
>> > I really think that the OOo should follow a pattern like these. The
>> HTTPD roster includes greater detail. This might be good.
>>
>> Ha!! That thing is *soooooo* out of date, it isn't even funny. In
>> short, it is totally unmaintained. I dunno that you want to use that
>> as a reference :-P
>>
>> To answer Rob's question: it is an issue for each project to decide.
>>
>> Apache Subversion doesn't have a "people" page. We consider it a team
>> thing, rather than about individuals. People get their recognition via
>> commit logs :-P ... Is the project about doing great work, or about
>> getting your name in lights?
>>

> Sometimes both sometime one or the other. The answers vary greatly in my
> experience.

Sorry sent too fast, so OOo has a lot of lights. Letting people and
newcomers who is what is really important so that the newcomer is not
frustrated looking the right people to either address an issue or
contribute. Or other things like marketing and PR. That is why in OOo
culture, there was/is a lot of public figures starting with community
managers, marketing reps, and going through the different NLC
representatives and technical leads.
or officials like Lead-CoLeads:
http://xml.openoffice.org/
Even within a NLC you will have a people's page or membership pages:
http://openoffice.org/projects/fr/members
or here:
http://es.openoffice.org/lecturas/lecturas_0017.html

--