incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1137103 - in /incubator/ooo/site: ./ trunk/ trunk/cgi-bin/ trunk/content/ trunk/content/openofficeorg/ trunk/content/openofficeorg/css/ trunk/content/openofficeorg/docs/ trunk/content/openofficeorg/docs/governance/ trunk/content/open
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 02:35:02 GMT
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 22:27, Dennis E. Hamilton
<> wrote:
> I FOUND IT IN MY OIC SVN WORKING FOLDER on my home server.  SVN appears to recognizes
a mime.types file in a repository folder, and autoprops are additive to that.  (Or the web
server is doing it.  I don't care.)

The web server is doing it. Subversion uses the svn:mime-type property
as the primary source. The web server *may* provide a default, if
properly configured.

It is best to simply set the svn:mime-type on the file, to whatever it
should be. That is true and correct information about the file. No
need to assume that an external system will apply one for you. You
also have some information loss (no property on the file).

Just set it manually rather than worrying about autoprops. Not very
hard to do, and it can be done later if the property is missing at
"add" time.

View raw message