incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: OOo source licenses (was: Subversion history)
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:03:19 GMT
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 7:39 AM, eric b <eric.bachard@free.fr> wrote:

>> From this page two links point to lists with files that seem to be
>> compatible with ASL and with files than seem to be incompatible with ASL at
>> first sight.
>> On the page itself there is a list of files that I couldn't judge at all,
>> I will follow up here later.
>
> Somebody involved with Apache foundation and Oracle legal will confirm I
> guess ?

For the moment, these are entirely an Apache questions.  The first
step is for this project to determine what files to request, and what
licenses are not likely to be a problem.

For simple requests, somebody from Oracle (likely Andrew) simply
committing the individual files is sufficient.  He may need to consult
with Oracle legal, but that's his problem. :-)

It may make sense for us to ask for subsequent Software Grant(s).  The
ASF Secretary (Craig Russell) and others will help with this, should
it be necessary.  Unless somebody has a good reason to proceed
otherwise, I am of the opinion that if we need to go this route we
should not proceed with something known to be incomplete.  That
doesn't mean that we can't make subsequent requests, but we should
make reasonable efforts to minimize such.

As to determining what licenses are not a problem for the ASF, that
should be discussed on legal-discuss@apache.org.  If this podling
needs answers, it can get the issue tracked by opening a report using
JIRA.  If we need to update our policies on the web site to make
something clearer as to what is acceptable or not acceptable, then a
JIRA report is the first step.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL

- Sam Ruby