incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject "Some of our contributors" page
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 15:02:10 GMT
As was noted, we now have a basic web site set up for the project:

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/

I'd like to draw attention to the "Some of our contributors" page in
particular:

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/people.html

>From what I can tell, the intent of this page is to acknowledge contributors
to the project.  And my sense was that this meant more than just committers.

I added my own name, based on my contribution to getting the initial web
site started.  But I think this is probably worth having a discussion on,
especially since others, whose name has not been added, have also made
recent contributions.

Question: How should this page be managed?  Is there an Apache requirement
for how this is handled?  Or does each project set its own rules?  If the
later, what rules do we want?  Do we want this to be comprehensive? Or
highlight only the "top contributors", by some definition.

Personally, I'd favor acknowledging many, rather than few.

-Rob