incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting to our first build
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:58:38 GMT
On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 04:26, Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net> wrote:
> On 29.06.2011 00:07, Greg Stein wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 15:31, Rob Weir<apache@robweir.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Let me summarize what I'm hearing the initial steps then are.
>>>
>>> 1)  We take the OOo source code with tag OOO340_m1 from
>>> hg.services.openoffice.org, including the full history, and convert
>>> that into a SVN repository, e.g.,:   hg convert --dest-type svn
>>> hgreponame svnreponame
>>>

>>> Who does this?  Is this something that can be done remotely, or do we
>>> need an Oracle admin to do this for us?
>>
>> We would do this. We have all the access that we need (open source, yay!)
>>
>> I've started on a script to create this (local) Hg repository. See
>> tools/dev/single-hg.sh for my first bits. I'm trying it out now, but
>> it is probably going to take a while to run :-P  (I also have no idea
>> about CWSs)
>
> Did you clone the repo at
>
> http://hg.services.openoffice.org/OOO340?
>
> This is the one we should use.

As you can see from the script, it is designed around DEV300.

I thought we wanted the latest development branch?

> Pulling the CWS should be faster: create a local clone of your existing repo
> for each cws and pull from the CWS repro at hg.services.ooo. This will pull
> only the change sets not in your local repo and create a second head
> revision in it. This revision could be moved over to svn or you could create
> a patch from it against whatever version that is on the hg repo.

Ah! That's and awesome improvement. Thanks. I'll incorporate that into
the scripting.

I don't think we want patches. I continue to believe we want a single
Hg repository with "everything", and we convert that to Subversion,
and then load it into svn.apache.org.

Cheers,
-g