incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consequences of Working in Office Documents Here
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 10:55:04 GMT
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 06:21, Frank Peters <fpe.mlists@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> What does that mean? What is a "true output" and how do "we"
>>> differ from "the community"?
>>
>> Euh... just what I said: what are we producing? I tried to list some
>
> Well I guess I had difficulties understanding why you would talk
> about "true" output (vs what? perceived outputs?)

Yes, vs "perceived". I'm primarily a developer, and look at things
through a certain lens. There are a lot of things that OOo is expected
to deliver. What are they, and how do they fit into the typical
developer workflow that we understand here at the ASF? What outputs
are needed, yet don't fit the normal process? And when we really step
back and look at what we're trying to deliver... what is that? Are we
focusing on the right things?

Cheers,
-g