incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we release OOo_3.4.0 install sets and language packs? (was: Can we rationalize and formalize "a language project"?)
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 04:40:31 GMT
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 21:15, Kazunari Hirano <khirano@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I should have asked questions one by one.
> :)
>
> As you know our binaries or packages or install sets & language packs
> look like these
> OOo_3.3.0_Win_x86_install-wJRE_ja.exe
> OOo_3.3.0_Win_x86_install_ja.exe
> OOo_3.3.0_Win_x86_langpack_ja.exe
> http://ftp-srv2.kddilabs.jp/office/openoffice/localized/ja/3.3.0/
> Beautiful, aren't they? :)
>
> Now can we, Apache OpenOffice.org incubator project, release OOo_3.4.0
> install sets and language packs soon?
>
> If yes, when will they be released?
>
> If yes, but we have to meet requirements, what are they?
>
> If no, why?, what are problems?

The Apache project is *just* starting. It is a mere four days old.
There are no answers to your questions yet.

Please read the ooo-dev mailing list to get a better understanding of
where we are in the process. I would be surprised if a release is made
this year.

The 3.4 "beta" release that was made will never see a final release.
Too much will need to change for an Apache release, so the work that
went into 3.4 will not apply. If Apache retains the numbering, then it
will have to begin at 3.5 because of the instability introduced by the
change in libraries and processes.

Cheers,
-g