incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Native Language vs l10n
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 19:08:03 GMT
On 17 June 2011 19:55, Manfred A. Reiter <ma.reiter@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Joe, all
>
> Am 17.06.2011 20:26, schrieb Joe Schaefer:
>
>  Whatever ultimately gets created at Apache will require
>> active oversight by the (P)PMC.
>>

>  1. does it have to be that way... or are the rules made by man

Maybe delegation is the key. If one PMC member was responsible for the NL
lists and each list had someone answerable to that person it means there is
manageable delegation. Those lists are effectively autonomous unless there
is some real problem which was rare I believe with the old OOo system.  Then
the PMC member steps in.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940