incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subversion & Git (was: Proposed short term goals)
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:53:28 GMT
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 11:47, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I know that many people also have concerns with
>> potential community issues. But that is all a discussion for a later
>> time. Not here and now.
>>

> With respect, that was the same phrase used to defer discussion during the
> proposal process. Leaving community concerns until all the decisions are
> made and the only remedy is "those other folk will just have to do like we
> do" doesn't seem wise.

Subversion is a given.

If you want to talk about Git at Apache, then follow Joe's advice and
move that discussion over to infrastructure-dev@apache.org. There is
zero sense in repeating the discussion here. I'm not trying to shut
down the overall discussion, just to avoid it being *here* (ooo-dev).

Cheers,
-g