incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Preserving Legacy Content (was: Contributors versus Committers versus PMC members - AND USERS)
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:39:12 GMT
Hi Joe,

Were you able to get a copy of the zone file?

Is there an Oracle web admin contact that we should be going to for
request like this?

It would be good to have a single contact point at Oracle, and a
single contact point for the project, for requests like this to flow
through.  Or at least a well-understood list of people.

I'm thinking of security here.  I don't think we should expect Oracle
to hunt through the mailAlias.txt and committer and IPMC lists to see
if an email request is actually from the project.

Andrew, does this make sense?  I think this is one of a list similar
admin requests that will be coming your way, from doing database
dumps, to setting up redirects, etc.  We need a way to get these
requests and their status documented.   JIRA or Bugzilla would be
idea, but we don't have that set up yet, since we'll need some Oracle
admin help moving the OOo bugzilla database over.  So a chicken and
egg problem.

-Rob