incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Lohmaier <cl...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Bugzilla or JIRA? (was: Speaking of JIRA, Where's Ours?)
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 18:28:04 GMT
Hi Dave, *,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> The requirement that has been identified is for a type of IRC chat bot with the Issue
Tracker.

(just to clarify - I guess you did understand it that way anyway:
what is requestes is a way for a bot to easily retrieve summary
information and lists of issues by running a query, the bot itself
doesn't need to be provided by the ASF infrastructure team)

> We are looking for more detail about the size of the OOo bugzilla database. How large
is the backup, and what database is being used? This is the information that Infrastructure
needs to know if they have a preference about our choice.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no insight in this :-(
But database used should be mysql.
Apart from what you can gather by running bugzilla's queries and
reports I don't know anything. But I doubt it is a huge database, the
attachments to bugs (if any) are mostly screenshots and sample
documents - attachments also were size-limited.
39000 bugs with attachment (if I used the report correctly) if you
assume something like 120kb per attachment, then the attachments would
contribute 5 GB (as an upper estimate)
But I can only guess/estimate it.

> I am attempting to supplement the list of "non-code" ancillary items we should consider
requesting from Oracle. I realize that there is some catharsis to airing out the situation,
but can you do it in another venue, this doesn't help us move forward.

Sorry for getting off-topic.

ciao
Christian