incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Lohmaier <cl...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Bugzilla or JIRA? (was: Speaking of JIRA, Where's Ours?)
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:57:54 GMT
Hi Daniel, *,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> Christian Lohmaier wrote on Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 13:43:04 +0200:
>>
> For jira the Infra team uses an IRC bot that interfaces with jira (and
> can notify on issue changes, add comments to issues, close them, etc)
> --- so you can be pretty sure that jira's API will remain working and
> continuously tested.

Yes, I was aware that jira is capable/having both soap and xml-rpc
interaces, I was just worried that it might not be enabled by policy
or something like that :-) Great to hear that it is used - and if
apache already has an bot for issues, then of course there is no need
for IZBot to deal with those

> I'd be interested to know if bugzilla/* have comparable features...

It has, and that it doesn't work on openoffice.org is due to the lack
of interest of the kenai/OOo admins to fix the setup, not because
bugzilla wasn't capable of it.
Bugzilla itsellf supports xmlrpc, and that support is not going to vanish.

I reported the broken xml-rpc interface when OOo did migrate from CEE
(CollabNet Enterpriese Edition, formerly known as SourceCast) to
Kenai, but there apparenlty was no interest in fixing it.

See http://kenai.com/projects/ooo-migration/lists/discuss/archive/2011-03/message/14

ciao
Christian