incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Invitation to speak at TransferSummit
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 19:05:32 GMT
Ross,

I'd be happy to volunteer for this preso. I'm one of the non-coder
Committers, and worked to
move OpenOffice to Apache on several fronts. My day job is working in IBM
Software
Group's Open Standards/Open Source team with my specific focus on the
OASIS OpenDocument Format standard, hence my keen interest in OpenOffice,
and
all things 'ODF', including the ODF Toolkit Java tools, enabling
programmatic
manipulation of documents.

I'm new to Apache, drinking from the firehose, but I'd very much like to
step up and
discuss the various perspectives that led to OpenOffice moving to Apache at
TransferSummit.
Hopefully, by September my track record on list will be more established
than it is now.
I signed up to work the trademark/branding, communiations and community
development
aspects of the project.

/don