incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Salomon <roberto.salo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New goals for OOo
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:28:51 GMT
It does seem that we have a bit of housekeeping to do before we start
defining and dividing sub-projects.

With that being said, I'd like to point out that language and culture
will naturally recreate similar structures as the 'old' NLCs in the
previous OOo structure. A project like OpenOffice.org presents some
interesting challenges in that it attracts more non-technical end
users than other more "technical" projects. When we prepare to
organize and specialize the groups within the project, these users
must be accomodated alongside the more technically oriented code
contributors in order to provide for a, hopefully, fast growing user
community.

--
Roberto Salomon
http://notaslivres.webhop.net