incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Any interest in meeting in Berlin July 13th?
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 21:46:29 GMT
There is an ODF interoperability even ("Plugfest" we call it) in
Berlin on July 14th and 15th.  There will be representatives there
from a range of applications that support ODF, both commercial and
open source.  There will also be standards people, from OASIS and ISO.
And some government officials, CIO department, IT strategy, etc.

I'm planning on attending, and I believe several project members will
be as well.  I'm wondering whether it would be worth getting together
the day before, on Wed July 13th in Berlin, for an informal AOOo
hackfest?  We could do things like help get build/dev environments set
up, maybe review some 3rd party dependencies, maybe hear some
architectural overview presentations, etc. If there are project
members there who are not programmers we could have a session to
introduce Subversion and the Apache CMS.  Would also be good for
experts in other areas to give brief presentations on their areas as
well.   So focus on skills transfer.

I know this is very short notice for anyone who was not already
planning to attend the ODF Plugfest.  But if this sounds interesting
to you, and you would attend a hackfest in Berlin on July 13th, please
respond with a +1 to this note.  If there is sufficient interest we
might be able to arrange something.

-Rob