incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Subversion & Git (was: Proposed short term goals)
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:38:40 GMT
One factor we need to consider is making it easy to collaborate with
peer/downstream projects, per the podling proposal. LibreOffice has imported
all the code into Git, and I'd assume that downstream projects like
RedOffice are using either Mercurial or Git as well. While SVN is obviously
the Apache standard, it would probably be better to use Git for this project
given both its size and the choices made elsewhere in the OOo community.

S.

----- Original Message ----
From: Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com>
Date: 13 June 2011 21:05:52 GMT+01:00
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Proposed short term goals

1) volunteers are working on git hosting, but it's taking longer than
we expected.  Additional volunteers are welcome- start by subscribiing
to infrastructure-dev@apache.org (a public list).

2) svn has improved its merging capabilities since you last ran ooo on it.

3) as I mentioned our svn infrastructure performs well. we even have a
transparent
mirror in europe to cut down on cross-atlantic latency.