incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discuss] remove of binfilter module
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 22:29:38 GMT
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 17:20, Christian Lippka <cl@lippka.com> wrote:
> Proposal
>
> I suggest to remove the binfilter module after the code has been provided
> under the AL.
> Therefore we have it inside the SVN and could re activate it later.
> Preferable as a separate
> extension.

I'm unfamiliar with OOo's extension system. How hard would it be to
add "import OLD format $FOO"(*) as an extension?

If it can be implemented "soon" or "later" as an extension, then it
seems moving this in that direction makes sense *regardless* of the
binfilter problems (ie. as a way to modularize). And that you could
start out by tossing everything on Day Two, then letting the
"interested devs" bring the feature back as a set of one or more
extensions.

Cheers,
-g

(*) assuming my understanding is that binfilter is *only* about
importing archaic formats