incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Product Roadmap: made by whom ? was: Re: [discuss] remove of binfilter module
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:59:11 GMT
My two centimes...

It sounds like what Martin is asking for is a mechanism whereby a
sponsoring corporation or collection of corporations can take the
corporate view and "throw money at the problem" to get things done.

It occurs to me that this doesn't have to exist within the framework
of the ASF.  Since anyone can be a contributor, said anyone could be
in the employ of an external nonprof, so a nonprof could accept money
for the purposes of hiring people to subscribe to ooo-dev and have at
it.

This seems like something that the ASF and PMC not only don't need to
do anything about, but in fact can't do anything about.

Don