incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Manfred A. Reiter" <ma.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Teams and Leads
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:18:43 GMT
2011/6/16 Rob Weir <apache@robweir.com>:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 9:27 AM, RA Stehmann
> <anwalt@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de> wrote:
>> I think we shouldn't invent the wheel twice ;-).
>>
>> The OpenOffice.org community has an more or less good working
>> infrastructure of leads, contact persons, native lang communities,
>> teams, mailing lists, websites etc..
>>
>> IMO we should make an inventory, keep the usefull elements and drop the
>> dated. And let persons, who undertake the task of doing something and
>> who are elected by the OpenOffice.org community, doing their job forward.
>>

> That makes sense to me.  But I think this is less about "wearing
> crowns" and more about "doing".  We don't need to give someone the
> title of "X Lead".  But if someone steps up and starts doing X, and
> does it well, works well in the project, and ensure that decisions
> occur via consensus on the list, than that person will start taking on
> the attributes of the de facto "X Lead".
>
> We have a request entered with Apache Infrastructure for a wiki to
> help us with your second point.  Once we have the wiki it should be
> possible to map out a inventory or "site map" of the existing
> OpenOffice.org web site.   So maybe a big table listing each of the
> subsites or services on OpenOffice.org, along with columns for
> "migrate/archive/trash", "priority" and "volunteer".  Something like
> that.

to have an idea ... these are the current mailinglists
in the OOo ... german subdomain.

announce@de.openoffice.org
dev@de.openoffice.org
users@de.openoffice.org
cvs@de.openoffice.org
issues@de.openoffice.org
marketing@de.openoffice.org
qa@de.openoffice.org
business@de.openoffice.org
ooocamp@de.openoffice.org
cdrom@de.openoffice.org

at the beginning the geramanophone branche of OOo startet with only
*two* mailinglist
all the others where created according to the needs of the German Project.

I don't know how ot organise the national parts of the project.
Subdomains?

But IMHO each "national project" should start with at least a userlist
and a list to organise the "national needs" ;-)

... Ingrid ... Christian other ideas?

Manfred
excuse typos, grammer and diction