incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Getting to our first build
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:34:15 GMT
Hi Mathias,

I don't know whether my approach is feasible either.  I know we can
set properties on files in SVN.  You can retrieve them individually,
but I don't see a way to query them, e.g., list all files that don't
have a license property, or download all files that have a license
property set to Apache 2.0.

So fa, I think that you've been doing most of the code investigations.
 So I'd trust your judgement on what the next steps should be.  Do you
have any thoughts what work remains for the next 1 or 2 weeks?  For
example, is Oracle currently reviewing the additional SGA requesets?
Or do we need to request this still?

If I understand the rules at Apache (and it is certainly possible I
have this wrong, but in that case Im sure someone will quickly correct
me), a Podling can check in all of the code, including parts that are
LGPL/GPL. We can make builds from that.  But we are not permitted to
make a releases or to graduate from a podling until we have gone
through the IP checklist, including dealing with code that has an
incompatible license.

Of course, if you think you are close to having a "clean" version of
OOo ready to check in, then I don't want to interrupt the fine work
that you are already doing.  But in that case I think it would help if
we had a "roadmap" for the next couple of weeks, of what tasks
remains, so others can help as well.

-Rob