incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Top level question on website migration
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:02:45 GMT
Dave--

See below...

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> <snip>
>

> > Ok, if we go with this, doesn't access to
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg
> >
> > require an Apache account and CLA?
>
> Yes.
>
> > So in other words, only "committers" could set this up.
> >
> > I am still confused.
>
> Patches are acceptable form everyone, and given your history ... it's worth
> discussing on the PPMC list giving you this access.
>
> Are you willing to sign an ICLA?

I already did and sent it in. It should be on file along with my preferred
ID.

I'm not trying to be a pain. Basically in the past on OO.o, there were a
variety of committers, every thing from code developers to wiki
contributors, to actual web site contributors, so when I saw the initial
list of "committers", it seemed (though I could be wrong about this) that
this only included code developers.  It seems many of the community didn't
know ANYTHING about what happened or how to get involved until very
recently.

Thanks for your consideration. It's just that I see your "To Do" list, and I
think, well I could do some of that, but I have no access!