incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Files generated by Visual Studio
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 07:10:00 GMT
I seriously doubt that Microsoft would attempt to claim copyright on
outputs from their tools. Their entire ecosystem would crumble if they
tried to claim such ownership.

My issue is with putting *any* generated files into version control.
That just doesn't make sense because it means that you can get skew
between the inputs and the (checked-in) outputs. Each developer should
be generating the outputs based on whatever inputs are in their
working copy. That ensures that the outputs are always synchronized.

Cheers,
-g