incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From C <>
Subject Re: Sending Wiki Notifications to Mailing Lists
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 07:58:22 GMT
On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 04:59, TJ Frazier <> wrote:
>> Maybe someone familiar with the OOo website can give some sense of the
>> number of wiki updates they get per day?
>> -Rob
> The current OO.o wiki is MediaWiki-powered. As a sysop, I spend some time
> reviewing the "Recent Changes" list. A setting of "most recent 100" usually
> lets me see all of today's and some of yesterday's changes.

I do the same.  It's a very nice way to "pull" the changes rather than
pushing out all changes to everyone on a mailing list.  Can't
Confluence provide the same?

> Lately (since the Apache announcement) the traffic has fallen way off, but
> we still see an average of six or eight new user sign-ups every day. Most of
> those never make any contributions.

And of those average 6 or 8 new users, it seems to break down to 4 who
are likely spammers (but are usually blocked by the spam traps), 1 is
a legit user, and 3 are new to OOo who think they need a Wiki account
to read Wiki content.

View raw message