incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Opinions (was: Subversion - Seeding incubator/openofficeorg/ please)
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:57:09 GMT
I wanted to raise this query to the surface for input: the name in the
repository. This is easily changed, so it's really just about ongoing

* I used "ooo" to match the mailing list names and to keep URLs short
* Christian used "openofficeorg" to match some podling references

Do people have any preference? I'll rejigger the directories after a
reasonably clear consensus. I can see both approaches.

I may be able to immediately start some authz stuff, per Sam's note.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:39, Sam Ruby <> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Greg Stein <> wrote:
>> Well... here is where we may need to slow down :-P
>> I just created 'ooo' and you created 'openofficeorg'. I used the
>> former to match our mailing list.
>> Let's let these sit for a day or two and gather opinions on which
>> naming is best.
>> I'll coordinate with Sam before we start bothering with permissions.
>> He's got a long list of people, in various states, and I doubt that
>> he'd appreciate a piecemeal approach to adding these to an
>> authorization list.
> I suggest that we coordinate using the incubator status file:
> I've been adding people to that page as the ICLAs are received and the
> Account Requests are processed.
>> Cheers,
>> -g
> - Sam Ruby