incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <...@robweir.com>
Subject Podling website
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 22:04:41 GMT
Our website link is:  http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/

Astute observers may notice that nothing is there.  I'd like for us to get a
basic podling web site up there ASAP, so we can put out the "welcome mat",
have a place to report status and accomplishments, list committers, etc.  As
we get an issue tracker up and other services up, they would be linked to
from this site as well.

I've been reading through the podling documentation and I see there is some
relevant advice:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html

Essentially, the website must meet certain requirements for navigation,
content, etc.  We can use whatever tool we want to generate it, but Apache
Velocity Anakia
<http://velocity.apache.org/anakia/releases/anakia-1.0/>appears to be
preferred.  I don't have a strong preference, but it seems to
me that gaining some familiarity with Anikia would be a generally good thing
for me to do.  So I can take a look.

We need to check the source and generated site into SVN.

Any objections to putting the web site here?  Would this conflict with
anything that we are importing from OOo?

/site/src
/site/gen

-Rob