incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kazunari Hirano <khir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we release OOo_3.4.0 install sets and language packs? (was: Can we rationalize and formalize "a language project"?)
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:13:18 GMT
Hi Eric,

I am the marketing project coordinator for OpenOffice.org Japanese
Language Project, which has promoted OpenOffice.org in a number of
ways in Japan and increased user base, individual users, business
users, local government users in Japan.  They are using OpenOffice.org
3.3.0 now.  They are waiting for 3.4.0.

I take accountability.  I have to tell them about the new release and
what happened to OpenOffice.org.
That's why I needed an answer to the question about the new release.

Greg Stein is a great Apache committer, I believe.
http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html
As I read his posts to this list, I trust him.

Greg said, "I would be surprised if a release is made this year."

This is a clear message.
I trust his word.
It means "It will not happen soon," and "We don't know when it will happen."

Good to have the answer because I can answer my colleagues and users.
:)

Thanks,
khirano