incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Lohmaier <cl...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Bugzilla or JIRA? (was: Speaking of JIRA, Where's Ours?)
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 14:51:47 GMT
Hi Daniel, *,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:

> To clarify: infra has a bot that does N things and one of them is the
> issue handling.  So the issue handling would have to be factored out
> before it can be reused.

Issue handling is too much to say - all that IZBot does was to do get
read-only information from either a bug number or URL and post it to
the channel. The other use is to do a query and then post those issues
randomly (scheduled) or by request - this was used in the QA-sessions
for example.
for fdo issues/LibreOffice, it also uses bugzilla's rss feed feature
to post newly reported issues to the libreoffice channel.

No editing is performed using IZBot. And if there is an interface to
apache's instances, then I can hook IZBot up with those.

While the issue/bug notifications is the main use of the bot, it has a
few other default plugins enabled for additional benefit (it's based
on supybot)

ciao
Christian