incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Podling website
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 20:18:49 GMT
So I'm making some progress on the website.

I've read through the CMS reference doc.  I also downloaded the site from
the Raven podling and customized the markdown.

A few questions:

1) If I understand correctly, we put out markdown in
trunk/content/$projectname.  For us, is that trunk/content/ooo ?  or
trunk/content/openofficeorg ? Does it matter, so long as it is unique?

I see the podling status page lists the ultimate URL as :
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/

So I'm assuming for now that the markdown goes into
trunk/content/openofficeorg

2) I'm not seeing how I get these files initially loaded into the CMS.  I
can see that once it is there, I can use the bookmarklet to do further
edits.  But how do I bootstrap this?

Thanks for any hints!

-Rob

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:

> On 15/06/2011 15:19, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 8:40 PM, Greg Stein<gstein@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>  Anakia is "sooooo last decade" technology and has some requirements
>>> for everybody that wants to use it (eg. java :-)
>>>
>>> If the new CMS can be used, then I'd recommend going with that. It
>>> would be nice to get the community working with that today, as it
>>> should be a good tool to use in the long-term. (Anakia gets to be a
>>> pain for larger sites)
>>>
>>> The CMS is newer than that documentation, which may be why it "prefers"
>>> anakia.
>>>
>>> Please take a look, and I can help with any authz bits or other setup
>>> (just lemme know what I need to do).
>>>
>>> IOW, my +1 is for the CMS. If we find that the community doesn't like
>>> it, then we can make another choice for the long-term site.
>>>

>>>  With the CMS, would we also need to check in the generated site into
>> SVN?
>> Or do we deploy "live" from the CMS? I assume this is the later, which
>> would
>> be a lot simpler.
>>

> The markdown is in subversion. You can edit it either offline and commit or
> you can use (a fairly basic) web UI. From the webUI you can publish the
> site, but there are also scripts to enable you to do it from the command
> line.
>

>  Can you point me to a project that uses this for their project's website,
>> something that I can look at and potentially use a boilerplate for our
>> site?
>>

> I recently built the boilerplate for the Rave podling (which in turn was
> stolen from another podling, Clerrezza I think). If you checkout
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/**asf/incubator/rave/site/trunk/<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rave/site/trunk/>and
look over the history you'll get an idea of how we built the site up for