incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Danese Cooper <dan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Native Language vs l10n
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 19:57:11 GMT
+1

This proposal sounds workable to me.  Of course part of Manfred's point was
that there are also "core" l10n/i18n activities that would presumably now
happen at Apache within the core project.  IMHO, the language projects will
find Apache a much more open "upstream" than were Sun/Oracle.  Should make
things very nice once we actually get up and running.

OOo will be a different project to most everything else at Apache today
(including huge and already well-organized contributor communities who need
to continue to move forward as we re-rig things).  Hopefully someday we'll
have enough in place to offer services to some of them that would make sense
and more of them will find their way in.