incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <motley.crue....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposed short term goals
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 19:59:44 GMT
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Phillip Rhodes
> <motley.crue.fan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Lesson 1: the ASF is a very bottoms-up organization.  This is
> something the PPMC should work out.  What do you propose?
>
> - Sam Ruby

Well, assuming the new project acquires the domain name, just pointing it to
the
ASF project website would be a start I guess.  But since OOo is "end user"
software, I find
myself wondering if there's a need for a "front page" to the project much
like the current
content of openoffice.org (hmmm.. do we get that content by any chance?)
 that provides
stuff that the average Joe -  who just wants to download the software -
would care about, as opposed to
stuff open source hackers who are planning to contribute, would care about.

Something else that will have to be sorted out eventually, I suppose, is
what to do about
links to extensions, related projects, and other entities that are external,
but yet still
related to the project.

Of course none of this is anything that needs to be done today.  I'm just
"thinking out loud" more than
anything, at the moment.

Phil