incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Speaking of JIRA, Where's Ours?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 04:49:03 GMT
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 00:33, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Well, JIRA identifies project leads, one per project.  What can I say.
>>
>> Hunh. I had no idea.
>
> Usually the chairs name is added as "project lead" in Jira.
> For now we could add Sam as the champion. Once graduated we can put
> the newly elected chairs name there

If anything, try to de-emphasize the Chair as anything but the conduit
between the Board and the Project. Even a little thing in JIRA calling
them a "Project Lead" can reinforce a "bad meme" that the Chair is
more than an administrator.

Simply ask for a volunteer who will perform JIRA management.

Cheers,
-g