incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Sending Wiki Notifications to Mailing Lists
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 01:35:02 GMT
Could we do daily digests for both?

I realize that there may be some project members who want to get every
update, as it happens, from the wiki.  But that is already available
to us individually, by the "watch" feature in Confluence.  Any of us
can subscribe to updates of a given page, or even all updates in an
entire space.

I think that would give a better balance.

Maybe someone familiar with the OOo website can give some sense of the
number of wiki updates they get per day?

-Rob

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 8:26 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> At the Apache Software Foundation everything should happen on a public mailing list.
[1]

> Since the wikis are not mailing lists we need take advantage of confluences ability to
email notifications. This will make Wiki changes transparent to the whole community. [2]

> There are two options. An email with every change or a daily digest.
>
> For the Community Forum (OOOUSER) I propose that a daily digest be sent to ooo-dev@incubator.a.o.
>
> For the Developer Forum (OOODEV) I propose sending an email with every change to ooo-commits@incubator.a.o.
>
> Lazy Consensus [3] will apply.
>
> In consideration of our world wide audience I'll wait at least 36 hours before asking
Infrastructure and the Incubator to help implement a wiki to email policy. It can be a different
policy.