incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Teams and Leads - where leadership lives (sermonette warning)
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 22:17:36 GMT
I forgot to mention that I've forwarded this mail to the community
development list, I think Dennis' "sermonette" should find its way
onto the community.apache.org site. I'd also like to ask Dennis if he
would be OK with me posting it to the ComDev blog as "early
observations about The Apache Way".

Ross

On 17 June 2011 23:14, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> On 16 June 2011 19:27, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
>> SERMONETTE
>>
>> I know, in my case, this will take some awkward and uncomfortable transformation
of how I see myself in the context of coordinated activities.  I'm already seeing, on the
PPMC, that it takes something to learn to function by consensus inspired by shared commitment
rather than other, often-personal considerations.  I say that it is mutual commitment that
carries the day every time.  (Everyone is here because they want to be, whether or not it
turns out to be what we were expecting.)

OpenDirective http://opendirective.com