incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Teams and Leads (was: Proposed short term goals)
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:29:41 GMT
> I am really in favor of going without anyone being named leader or manager
> or any name that could create the impression that this person has more
> rights than the others. Maybe we can choose 'contact' as a neutral
> description in case something turns out to be needed? Or is there even a
> more neutral word?
>
> Christian Grobmeier has mentioned "workforces". That sounds interesting. Is
> there more about that in the documentation somewhere?

Its a term from me, it is not official.

It is a bit like Sam said: if you subscribe to a mailinglist, then you
part of a "workforce".
Like subscribing to ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org makes you - if you
write emails - to a contributor and therefore to a part of the
developers workforce.

If the project decides that a new workforce is needed, like
"translations", it can simply be established with a new mailinglist
like ooo-translations@i.a.o
Everybody can subscribe and help with working.

That being said, "workforce" is a bit an unnecessary term - i
described a bunch of people having fun to discuss similar topics at
one mailinglist.

Cheers