incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kazunari Hirano <khir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we rationalize and formalize "a language project"?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 21:47:00 GMT
Hi Ingrid and all,

Good morning from Japan!

Time Difference!

Many things happen when I sleep.
:)
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&shva=1#mbox/13092fb952d439e1
On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 4:10 AM, IngridvdM <IngridvdM@gmx-topmail.de> wrote:
> Kazunari Hirano, can you say a word on this? Is there end
> user support in Japanese language somewhere on OOo infrastructure or is the
> international support used, or neither?

OpenOffice.org Japanese Language Project's marketing project regards
its web pages (http://ja.openoffice.org), its mailing lists
(xxx@ja.openoffice.org), its forum
(http://user.services.openoffice.org/ja/forum/), its twitter
(http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=jaopenofficeorg), its wiki
pages (http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Special:PrefixIndex/JA/)
as our marketing tools and user support tools, all of which are
operating in Japanese :)

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/JA/Marketing/Members

As you see the wiki page above, marketing project members share tasks.
For example, Nakata, Maho, is in charge of watching discuss@council,
recruiting developers, writing developer interview articles, updating
and enhancing official information on the forum, issuing Welcome mails
to new observers, organizing blogs by ja members, tweeting at
twitter@jaopenofficeorg, editing the leftside menu project_tools.html
of the web page.

Hirano, kazunari is in charge of watching com@native-lang,
dev@marketing, dev@website, discuss@council, dev@documentation,
discuss@ux, ui@ux, dev@education, working as Marketing Project
Coordinator, writing and issuing Press Releases, Announcements, being
an administrator for Community Forum, organizing Internship, Contests,
updating special OpenOffice.org 3 forum within the forum.

I think the forum is working very well as user support tool in
Japanese with 3468 posts, 878 topics and 1432 registered users
http://user.services.openoffice.org/ja/forum/
:)
Thanks,
khirano