incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Naming of trunk and feature branches
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 02:03:09 GMT
On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Sorry, it seems I wasn't clear enough.
>
> I don't think about how to name directories and files in the SVN repo
> itself. Sure we can stick with the schema like it is done in other projects.
> It's more a general thing how to present trunk and branches to the outside.
>
> E.g., when we release bits we have to make clear into which direction they
> point. It's a difference if we use a name like "branch 3.4.x" or tell the
> people it's "OOO 3.4.0" or maybe "AOOO 3.4.0".
>
> So, I don't think that a trailing 0 is not ? when it is the 3.4.0 release.
> And the OOO is still necessary to show it's from our project. Of course it
> could be "AOOO" or whatever we will agree to.
>
> How to name the release files is another thing. There should be a clear
> structure to keep it simple and straight for scripts. But this is a topic
> for later.
>
> I hope it's more clear now. ;-)

My bad also misconstruct the naming conversation. Well we used to have
different branches each with a name OOODEV was for the always development
branch and OOO for the actual release branches.
So usually they got rid of the dots for clarity, and added a m for
milestone:
http://development.openoffice.org/releases/
and DEV:
http://development.openoffice.org/releases/dev_index.html